[Fedora-i18n-list] Unable to input Japanese on stock FC2 intall: Can't add "Input Method Switcher"

Hideki Hiura hiura at openi18n.org
Fri May 28 19:00:49 UTC 2004

Sorry for not responding quickly!

> From: Akira TAGOH <tagoh at redhat.com>
> DE> - but I couldn't find any information on an API, any Java libraries I
> DE> could include with my code to bind to, etc.
> Unfortunately I'm not familiar Java, and some links of
> documentation seems to be missing. so asking the upstream
> about this is better, I think.

There is no specific APIs, Classes, or libraries Applications need to
use.

IIIMJCF is a Java IMF plugin module, just like gtk+im immodule,
it is transparent from an application.

An application calls Java IM API (actually mostly things are
excapsulated inside system classes), so just like you get IIIMF
without reprogramming in gtk+ application, you also get IIIMF
support in Java without reprogramming.

As far as iiimf.jar is installed as <JRE home>/lib/ext/iiimf.jar
such as /usr/java/j2redefault/lib/ext/iiimf.jar
a user should be able to select IIIMF instead of XIM.

# Just FYI.
# APIs Akira referred must be the Java IMF API, which you can find
# bunch of docs by running search on "input method" on java.sun.com.

Hope it helps!
--
hiura@{freestandards.org,OpenI18N.org,li18nux.org,unicode.org,sun.com}
Chair, OpenI18N.org/The Free Standards Group          http://www.OpenI18N.org