[Fedora-i18n-list] SOLVED -- Cannot get rid of XMODIFIERS=@im=kinput2 after upgrade from FC1 to FC3

morpheus morpheus at post.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 26 05:20:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 11:55 +0900, Jens Petersen wrote:
> morpheus wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I just upgraded from FC1 to FC3, and installed the latest iiimf.
> > However, I can't get it to work.  No matter what I do, XMODIFIERS
> > reverts to @im=kinput2.

> How you read the i18n FAQ? :)
> http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/i18n/iiimf-faq.html
>
> The only supported way to enable IM in Fedora Core 3 is using
> "xinput.d/".  It is enabled by default for CIJK.

Actually, I just checked and found out that iiimf-le-canna was not
installed.  I'm not sure why, since I specified it in the FC3 upgrade.
I was being fooled because ps aux showed canna was running, but it turns
out that was the OLD canna, nvi-m17n-canna.
I uninstalled it then apt-get install iiimf-le-canna and now
"everything" works.

Except, of course, Japanese input in Konsole, which has never, ever
worked for me :-(

-m