[Fedora-i18n-list] Typing Chinese while keeping the application in English

Rodolfo M. Raya rodolfo at heartsome.net
Tue Oct 5 12:24:12 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 00:32, Yu Shao wrote:
> Certainly, you can.
>
> - In Gnome, select "Internet/Intranet Input Method" by right click the
> mouse and then follow the "Input Method" menu.
> - Add GIMLET to the desktop panel, use GIMLET to select which
> language/Inpu Method you want.
>
> Hope it helps,

Hi Yu Shao,

Yes, certainly it helped.

As you said in another message gimlet is not really user friendly. I got
used to press space bar to confirm the text as I type and gimlet default
behaviour is rather annoying to me. I feel more comfortable using SCIM
at this moment.

Thanks for your help,
Rodolfo