[Fedora-i18n-list] Displaying Traditional Chinese fonts problem

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 02:23:29 UTC 2004

Hi Leon,

Sorry to bring you back the unhappy news.  The problem
reoccurs.  Chinese .txt document, after saving and
re-evoking, can't displapy Chinese again only ???????
shown.  But OOo.doc can.  The font automatically
selected on a OOo.doc is 'msung light TC' but I don't
have the aforesaid font installed.  Neither I have
touched any software nor configuration in respect of
Chinese input.  It is rather strange

I visited several Fedora/Linux forums on mainland
China seeing folks there also suffering Chinese input
problem with iiimf on Fedora Core 2.  Unfortunately
they also could not find a solution.  Almost all of
them made clean installation.

B.R.
Stephen