[Fedora-i18n-list] Displaying Traditional Chinese fonts problem

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 15:12:01 UTC 2004

Hi Leon,

> Would you try that in a new user account? Is it
> working?

Yes, I tried it on new user account.  Problem remained
intact.

I have following discovery;

1) Login KDE, Traditional Chinese
2) Copied and pasted a paragraph of Chinese document
from 'tw.yahoo.com' on Kedit and saved the document as
.txt file
3) Re-opened the file.  The complete paragraph was
displayed correctly in Trad Chinese.  Code=utf8
4) Logout and relogin KDE, English
5) Opened the file again.  The complete paragraph was
also displayed correctly in Trad Chinese.  Code=utf8

Remark: Simplified Chinese document was the same.

B.R.
Stephen