[Fedora-i18n-list] Chinese editing problme on a newly installed box

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 08:21:02 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

Fedora Core 2

I just finished installation of another FC2 box (this
box) and encountered problem on Chinese editing as
follows;

# cat ~/.i18n
LANG=zh_TW.UTF-8
XIM=htt

(Is it ~/.il(L)8n OR ~/.i18(Eighteen)n
Both can work for me)

$ kedit
Switching Language = Ctrl+Space
Switching Input method = Ctrl+Alt+2/3/4 etc.
(On another FC2 box, installed about 10 days ago
Switching Input method = Ctrl+Shift etc.)

"Easy Cangjie" Input
I was not allowed to select another page.
"-> (arrows) bottons or up/down page bottons" all did
not work

OOo Document
No display of "Language" nor "Input method".
Only one small box without indication.  I have to
try/input blindly to find out what Language or Input
method I was running.

Please help.

TIA

B.R.