[Fedora-i18n-list] iiimf/iimf-le-canna on FC3 not working

Michael Krajnak mdkrajnak at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 15:30:34 UTC 2005

I recently installed iiimf on an FC3 system but can not get the
input method to work.

Normally I operate in the en_US locale and switch using gimlet
or launch an app with command line arguments (LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
etc.).

When the IM is enabled as characters are typed in they show up in
english only, although they are underlined.  When the space bar is
pressed nothing happens... I still see english.

There are several copies of the following htt_server messages in
the system log:

Apr 15 23:24:25 localhost htt_server[3530]: status has not been
enabled yet. (1, 1)
Apr 15 23:24:52 localhost htt_server[3530]: Client shut down the
connection owned by im_id(1).

At some point during this operation a red border appears around the
gimilet applet in the gnome panel.  I assume this indicates some sort
of error state, but can't find any more details.

I've double checked the entries in the faq, I have all the packages,
setup ~/.xinput.d, double checked the fonts, searched the archives
and net for similiar responses, etc. etc.

Any help would be appreciated, up to and including telling where
the sources are.

Thanks,

Mike