[Fedora-i18n-list] How to get '-' in katakana with canna server

Madison Kelly linux at alteeve.com
Mon Aug 22 15:38:17 UTC 2005

Jens Petersen wrote:
> Madison Kelly wrote:
>
>>  For example, when I try to type "page" I want to get 'ページ' but all
>>I can get is 'ペイジ'. (I got the lengthening stoke for this example by
>>copy/paste from a website).
>

> I think you want to use "-" for that.
>
> What did you input exactly, if you type "p e - j i" it should convert
> to "ページ".
>
> Hth, Jens

Thanks for the reply, Jens (and Chong)!

  I thought that might have been it but when I try that the '-' goes
back one space and covers the ぺ character. It looks now though like
that might be a problem in OpenOffice specifically though. Have either
of you run into that before? If so, do you know what might fix it?

Madison