[Fedora-i18n-list] Key Mappings for IIIMF

morpheus morpheus at post.harvard.edu
Sun Feb 6 18:08:11 UTC 2005

Hi,
Several months ago I asked if you could change key mappings for IIIMF, specifically:
1. I need to disable Shift-Space since it is used in many applications for a reverse-scroll shortcut.
2. I need to disable the Home key menu since it is VERY difficult to use a word processor without the Home key.
The answer at that time was, "cannot be done."
However, the FAQ says:

Generic keybinding editing capability is in development, but until then, you can specify activating/deactivating keys(aka trigger keys or conversion-on keys with "-conversionkeys" option when you run htt_server.
For X applications, you can change it by putting
    "*conversionOnKeys: Zenkaku_Hankaku <Shift>space"
into xrdb.

So, I have three questions:
1. What is the status of "generic keybinding editing capability"?
2. How do you add the line above to xrdb?  Can you give me a sample xrdb command line (it has many options) or should I edit a config file?
3. Is there any other way to disable Shift-Space and Home?

-m