[Fedora-i18n-list] Kanji recognition

Madison Kelly linux at alteeve.com
Thu Feb 24 21:34:05 UTC 2005

Hi all,

   This is my first post so I appologize up front if I fail to follow a
rule (written or otherwise ;) ).

   I have recently started using Japanese input in my programs under
Fedora Core 3 with growing success. What I am looking for now, and I
hope this isn't off topic for this list, is a tool like my roommate has
on her WinXP machine where I can free-draw a kanji character and the
program tries to match it and provide a list of options (and if I am
really lucky has the pronunciation and meaning).

   As an aside, I have also been trying to find a way to make Japanese
the default input method in iiimf. Gimlet currently defaults to English
but seeing as I can toggle between kana/kanji and romanji with
<ctrl>+<space> I'd rather leave it as Japanese.

   Thanks and I look forward to getting to know people here!

Madison

--
Madison Kelly (Digimer)