[Fedora-i18n-list] Inuktitut and gedit input

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu
Fri Jul 22 14:37:22 UTC 2005

I'm hoping someone here is enough of a GTK/X/input guru to help with
this.  I'm trying to input some Inuktitut in gedit, which is one of the
input methods supported.  Now, most of it is easy to figure out (it's a
transliterated input), except for the ng- syllables.  You can't do n
then g, because you get an n plus a g-.

So, I got the GTK source, and in methods/input/iminuktitut.c I see:

  SYL(GDK_lstroke, 0x15a0, 0x15a6, 3) /* l- */
  SYL(GDK_eng, 0x158f, 0x1595, 3)     /* ng */

Now, Owen Taylor of GTK+ fame said I'd need to map an eng to my keyboard
to get it to work.  Does anyone here have a good procedure for doing
that?

Matt

--
The mayfly lives only one day, and sometimes it rains. - Geo. Carlin
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/