Fwd: Re: [Fedora-i18n-list] keyboard difficulties

John Francis Lee jfmxl at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 02:36:06 UTC 2005

Hello Jens Petersen,

> > Depends on my locale
> >  LANG=th_TH
> > Nothing happens. Same as without typing Ctrl-Space
>
> Could you try installing iiimf-le-thai, restart X and see
> if it changes the behaviour.
Is this the same as iiimf-le-sun-thai-12.1-4.1.tlc.i386.rpm?

> >  LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
> > Keyboard no longer produces any visible characters, no matter how
> many
> > times I press Ctrl-Space. Kill gedit, start again.
>
> Canna is running?
This was my problem. I did not have Canna installed!
Now Ctrl-Space produces the little canna box, but doesn't make it go
away.
Shift-space seems to work better.

Ctrl-shift-space makes the box appear and disappear.
And I can use it to change input languages.
The gimlet icon gets a red-halo. Is this normal?
What does it indicate?

Shift-space seems to work with gedit, while with firefox I must use
gimlet.

> Have you read the FAQ btw?
>
> 	http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/i18n/iiimf-faq.html
Yes. That's where I started.

Thanks for all your help.
I apologize for my stupidity. I thought that iim-le-canna embodied
canna support.

--
John Francis Lee
1/9-10 Thanon Trairat