[Fedora-i18n-list] Re: Question about SCIM and KDE

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 01:14:05 UTC 2005

numberR wrote:
> I saw your post on fedora-i18n list, and am happy that you have scim
> packages provided.
> It works great on gtk application, but I have trouble making it work
> with qt application, for example kwrite.

What locale do you use normally?  Ie what does "locale" output?

You may need a symlink from ~/.xinput.d/default to /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim,
if it is not an East Asian locale.

> SCIM icon shows up on task bar when I launch any gtk application, but
> not when I launch qt application.

Sounds like don't have IM setup with xinput.d (see above for example).

Ie you need

XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM
QT_IM_MODULE=scim
GTK_IM_MODULE=scim

to be set.

> I have installed anthy from fedora extra and scim-1.3.1, scim-anthy,
> scim-qtimm-0.9.1 from your website, people.redhat.com/petersen.

Great.

> Is there any known issue associated with SCIM on KDE?

Not that I know of.

Hth, Jens