[Fedora-i18n-list] utf-8 national character input in Linux Konsole/

Not Here ftnx at ksbase.com
Tue Jan 10 15:50:44 UTC 2006

Tuesday January 10 2006 08:12, Mikko Harjula wrote to All:

 MH> I'm running KDE on Fedora Core 4, kernel
 MH> 2.6.14-0.10.rrt.rhfc4.ccrma
 MH> (i.e. Planet CCRMA patched FC4 kernel, but the same problem occurs
 MH> with the FC4 kernel too):

I used to type the ä, ö etc. on DOS, OS/2 and still do in, Windows
using Alt-keys and High ASCII. Never been able to do that in Linux
under any version, either on the console or in any application.
Changing the language system-wide is out of the question, since en_US
is required everywhere else.

Kari Suomela

   KARICO Business Services
   Toronto, ON Canada