F9 Feature planning meeting

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 23:07:17 UTC 2007

Jens Petersen said the following on 11/19/2007 11:53 PM Pacific Time:
> The Fedora I18n project is going to have a project meeting next week to
> discuss our feature plans for Fedora 9.
>
> Time:    2007-11-29 05:00 UTC [1]
> Place:    #fedora-meeting
>
> If you have ideas for i18n related features please submit them before
> the meeting.  If you are unable to attend you can also follow up with
> any comments afterwards to the meeting summary/log.
>
> Some of the current possible features we are considering include:
>
> - Handwriting recognition for Chinese characters
> - IM Desktop integration
> - Fonts
>   - Thai fonts and support
>   - new default Japanese font: VLGothic-fonts
>   - additional fonts for current languages
>
> Other suggestions and proposals are most welcome.

I am sorry I was unable to attend you last meeting on IRC.

I worked with Paul Frields to put together a detailed Fedora 9schedule
for the Docs team.  Several of their milestones depend on work by the
translation team.

http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-9/f-9-docs-tasks.html

Would a similar schedule be helpful for your team?  I would be glad to
work with you to build it.

John