[Fedora-i18n-list] Configuring default font

Ali Majdzadeh ali.majdzadeh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 14:44:28 UTC 2007

Hello Mayank
I tested the instructions you had mentioned. I managed to solve the problem
in GNOME (Using gnome-font-properties). By the way, I modified the
/etc/sysconfig/i18n file as follows:

LANG="fa_IR.UTF-8"
SUPPORTED="fa_IR.UTF-8:fa_IR:fa"
SYSFONT="Roya"

Is there any system-wide configuration file that can be used to store font
information so that all the environments (KDE, GNOME, Xfce, ...) behave
consistent with regard to font issues? For example, what is the
configuration file that gnome-font-properties uses? What is the equivalent
of that file in KDE or Xfce?
By using gnome-font-properties, I changed all the fonts to "Roya" font and
GNOME properly modified and used that font instead of all the other fonts;
but KDE didn't; it still uses another font for displaying Persian text
("Homa" font).

Best Regards
Ali