[Fedora-i18n-list] Call for a Fedora I18n meeting

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Jul 3 06:57:02 UTC 2007

Le Mar 3 juillet 2007 04:49, Jens Petersen a écrit :
> Ryo Dairiki さんは書きました:
>>     - Font configuration for Java.
>
> We hope the situation will improve with openjdk.  Do you have some
> ideas
> how to improve font configs for current java binaries packages?

Kill the legacy core fonts java property file, use a fontconfig java
font backup that will inherit all the i18n work done system-wide

There's so many ways to shoot oneself in the foot trying to fix the
core font tables vendors ship with jvms it's no use even trying.

>> - Language specific packages should be firstly reviewed by local
>> people.

For many packages the problems are not first or post reviews but local
reviews at all. The local groups need to engage with the distro
packagers more.

--
Nicolas Mailhot