Technical discussions for L10n

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue Jul 10 20:39:25 UTC 2007

Hi all.

So we have some technical issues around l10n that don't fit in discussing them
at fedora-trans-list, because it's mostly occupied by translators and
non-technical people.

Most of these issues concern the enabling of localization, which is probably a
good definition for i18n. :) Two examples are the development and maintenance of
translate.fedoraproject.org, and transifex. We'd like for example to notify a
mailing list when a new bug is opened that concerns something technical that
affects all languages.

Maybe we should host these discussions on fedora-i18n-list instead of creating a
new one. It will not only keep things simple, but will also bring more people to
i18n-list. This is what GNOME does as well, which makes the two teams (i18n and
l10n) have clear scopes.

If we prefer to keep i18n-list oriented towards input methods, fonts etc, then
we could create a fedora-trans-devel one. I'm mostly worried that only 4-5
people will join it though.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos