[Fedora-i18n-list] Call for a Fedora I18n meeting

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Jun 25 21:37:32 UTC 2007

O/H Ryo Dairiki έγραψε:
> Jens Petersen wrote:
>> We are thinking that it would be a good to have a meeting of
>> the Fedora I18n project to discuss various technical issues openly.

I'm interested in participating as well.

> I would like to join this.
> I have some topic to discuss there:
>
> + Localized official information for End Users
>     - Actually, there is a Japanese Fedora Community called "Fedora JP",
> but this seems to be dying.
>     - End Users need Up-to-date official information in their own language.
>     - Translation of official documents is not enough, but language
> specific information is also needed.

Localization is handled by the Fedora Localization Project. The project has many
teams handling transaltions and localization in general, many of which have
their own website, mailing list etc. More info at:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N

I believe that bringing the topics about translations, language-specific
information, and local communities on the FLP mailing list will result in
feedback from a lot of people having similar concerns. IMO, this would apply for
most of the (very interesting) topics below. :-)

> + Localized configurations, and language specific packages
>     - Font configuration for Java.
>     - Japanese specific tex sub packages.
>     - Language specific packages should be firstly reviewed by local
> people. (Not directly sent to FE)
>
> + Translation infrastructure like bugzilla.
> + Localized bugzilla
> + Localization QA
> [...]
>
>> If you are interested in joining this discussion please reply and let us
>> know when you would prefer the meetings and also any potential agenda
>> items.  Obviously it is going to be hard to find a time that is good for
>> everyone all the time so we might try alternating between morning and
>> evening in East Asia to give people in other regions some chance to
>> participate also.
>>
>> I would like to have the first meeting in #fedora-i18n on Freenode
>> this week.

Maybe we should do it in #fedora-meeting? See:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/FedoraMeetingChannel

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos