F7 not fully supporting Urdu Language

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 04:29:44 UTC 2007

Hi Mustafa,

> I've joined Fedora l10n and Docs project as Urdu Translator.

Great!

> I have installed the default support available in F7 for Urdu language and
> also installed a couple of Urdu fonts but still I am not able to
> read/write Urdu correctly. It displays broken words.

Which fonts are you using? Which apps do you see problems in?
How are you inputting Urdu?

The best would be if you could file one or more bugs in bugzilla and
attach some small screenshots.  If you do that feel free to
post the bug numbers here to make sure it gets our attention.

> Can I get guidance
> from one who is working on Urdu support in F7. But it seems that I am
> the only one here who is wiling to work in Urdu. I am a newbie but can
> anyone kindly guide me that how can I learn the input operations in
> Linux so, I can help out l18n to support Urdu in a complete and perfect
> manner.

Have you tried writing Urdu with scim?

Jens