F7 SCIM and StarDict problem

Tina Chou chouy at ematters.com.tw
Fri Sep 21 07:08:16 UTC 2007

Hi,

Recently I experienced some SCIM problems F7.

The first problem is that I can't switch to any IM in StarDict. It doesn't
show any feedback to me, not even a space. Therefore, I can only do
Chinese-English translation by pasting Chinese characters in it.

*************************

The next problem is about ZhuYin(注音)and CangJie version 5(倉頡第五代).
In their menu, Korea characters shows up at the front somehow (but they used
to be at the end).

I first noticed this problem when I updated scim in FC6(2007-05-21). At that
time, I updated it to:
    scim-tables-0.5.7-2.1.fc6
    scim-tables-chinese-0.5.7-2.1.fc6

So I restored to an older version, which Traditional Chinese shows first in
the menu:
    scim-tables-0.5.6-7.i386.rpm
    scim-tables-chinese-0.5.6-7.i386.rpm

Now, when I am in F7, one of my machines has this problem again, but another
one doesn't. They have the same SCIM version as below:

    scim-m17n-0.2.1-1.fc7
    scim-bridge-0.4.10-1.fc7
    scim-1.4.5-21.fc7
    scim-tables-0.5.7-3.fc7