Metadata for the langpack yum plugin

Sean Flanigan sflaniga at redhat.com
Mon Jun 22 06:50:59 UTC 2009

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/AutoFontsAndMimeInstaller#Release_Notes
"Fedora 11 features a new version of rpm that generates much more
metadata for fonts, codecs and applications. This extra metadata is used
by PackageKit to automatically install fonts, applications and codecs
when they are required."

We ought to see if we can also use this metadata for associating
langpacks with their host packages.

Auto installation (on demand) of langpacks would be nice too, but the
current plans for the plugin ought to cover the problem well enough for
starters.  It's just a question of whether we automatically install the
langpack when installing the app, or when the user runs the app.  Either
would be a big improvement!

--
Sean Flanigan

Senior Software Engineer