transifex committing wrong translations to elfutils

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Mon Sep 7 19:45:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

I don't know who's the culprit, but for some reason we are getting
translations of wrong project in elfutils.  In particular, Spanish and
Italian were thus damages in commits [1] and [2], respectively.  The
string committed don't belong to elfutils, but to two different projects.

I sent messages to respective localization teams, but perhaps the tool
that the translators use could do some sort of validity checking.  E.g.
comparing the strings that should be committed to po/*.pot, and issue a
warning, or outright deny the commit if "suspicious amount" of strings
changes (that is original strings, not localized ones)?  I would like to
state that I have only a very vague idea how the whole localization
process works, so this proposal may not in fact be possible.

Hmm, should I file a ticket about this?  If yes, where?

Please be sure to CC me if replying, I'm not a member of the list.

Thanks,
PM

[1] http://tinyurl.com/mhtlew SHA1 5658eef4d3
[2] http://tinyurl.com/llfzk8 SHA1 589b3d302f