foss.in CfP and related things

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:03:27 UTC 2007

Looking at the proposal (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FOSSin), agenda
#3 looks like the low hanging fruits which can be used as baits to
entice new Fedora contributors. I think it would be a good idea to
have most of these fruits (if not all) as workshops so that the
interest generated during the talks can be magnified by some hands-on
experience.

In this regard, can we have workshops on:

* Bug triaging -- I have seen multiple posts on
fedora-devel at redhat.com where senior developers (eg., Matej, Ajax)
have been complaining about the lack of help in this regard. Packages
like Nautilus, Evolution, X.org, Gecko, OpenOffice.org immediately
come to mind.

* Documentation -- Would be nice to get a bunch of merry hackers to
write up some good documentation during the course of the day. I hear
the folks writing the release notes are often overburdened.

Would the inclusion of new workshops require removal of some of the
existing ones? If yes, then which ones?

Regards,
Debarshi
--