error during installation using kickstart file

shantanu at sarai.net shantanu at sarai.net
Wed Aug 6 12:53:50 UTC 2008

hello all,
i am using this kick-start file to automate installation problem,
everything goes fine until i enable interactive option, because after that
it start giving error related to: time configuration /Asia/Calcutta. and
installation stops,
i have no problem installing system in text mode, but still if this is
some bug or any other change is required to make it work, do let me know.

this spin/configuration is for installing fedora having some set of
packages and support to various Indian languages....

#platform=x86, AMD64, or Intel EM64T
#version=F8
# Root password
rootpw --iscrypted $1$dzGlKjKs$HgW6XYbAUcg6KC144tVJu0
# System authorization information
auth  --useshadow  --passalgo=md5
# Use graphical install
text
# Firewall configuration
firewall --disabled
firstboot --disable
# Use interactive kickstart installation method
text
# System keyboard
keyboard us
# System language
lang en_US
# SELinux configuration
selinux --enforcing
# Install OS instead of upgrade
install
# Use CDROM installation media
cdrom

# System timezone
timezone Asia/Calcutta
# X Window System configuration information
xconfig  --defaultdesktop=GNOME --depth=8 --resolution=640x480 --startxonboot
# System bootloader configuration
bootloader --location=mbr
# Partition clearing information
clearpart --none

%packages
@office
@mysql
@admin-tools
@editors
@punjabi-support
@hindi-support
@fonts
@gujarati-support
@gnome-desktop
@authoring-and-publishing
@base
@kannada-support
@malayalam-support
@telugu-support
@tamil-support
@base-x
@graphics
@dial-up
@oriya-support
@assamese-support
@bengali-support
@legacy-fonts
@sound-and-video
@marathi-support
@graphical-internet
im-chooser
scim-input-pad
-gimp-help
-evolution
-evolution-help

%end

also i would like to know if this configuration, and spin i created is
useful to some-one let me know where i can post it or upload it so that
others can use it.
One more thing i wanted to ask was what is difference between normal
bootable full DVD, and a DVD containing a kick start file, i mean if we
simply add kickstart file to bootable fedora DVD, installation wont start
via kick start file, so what is way to add kick-start configuration in
boot-menu apart from using revisor to create spin having all the packages.

thank you

regards
shantanu