error during installation using kickstart file

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 6 13:07:01 UTC 2008

shantanu at sarai.net wrote:
> hello all,
> i am using this kick-start file to automate installation problem,
> everything goes fine until i enable interactive option, because after that
> it start giving error related to: time configuration /Asia/Calcutta. and
> installation stops,

Asia/Kolkatta in recent releases. If the error is not clear, feel free
to file a bug report.

> rootpw --iscrypted $1$dzGlKjKs$HgW6XYbAUcg6KC144tVJu0

Might want to change this password now.

> also i would like to know if this configuration, and spin i created is
> useful to some-one let me know where i can post it or upload it so that
> others can use it.

If you get a Fedora account, you can post it in the wiki.

http://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts for details.

> One more thing i wanted to ask was what is difference between normal
> bootable full DVD, and a DVD containing a kick start file, i mean if we
> simply add kickstart file to bootable fedora DVD, installation wont start
> via kick start file, so what is way to add kick-start configuration in
> boot-menu apart from using revisor to create spin having all the packages.

You probably need some sort of %post magic. You can also use tools like
pungi and livecd-creator instead of revisor.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CustomSpins

Rahul