[Ambassadors] An Event in VIT-VELLORE, Need People to give talk on Fedora

Wed Aug 13 04:38:23 UTC 2008

karthik parvathaneni wrote:

[snip]

> Leaving that aside, We (Myself and Satish Eerpini , the Fedora
> Ambassador of Secunderabad) are planning to conduct an event under
> LUG(Linux User Group)@VIT for Freshmen to create awareness about Fedora
> Project. We are Planning to do as an Event where the Fedora Ambassadors
> can come and Speak about their Experience on using Fedora and Linux in
> general. We have planned to Invite someone form the Fedora Commitee to
> come aswell. Regarding the accomodation for the commitee members, we
> will take care. We just need you guys to come to our college and share
> your valuable Experience with us. This way, we would like to promote
> fedora at our college and aswell get freshers knowing the power of open
> source.

[snip]

As an alternative to spending on a member from the Fedora Committee(s)
or Boards, you could consider having a video conference. Paul did that
for the NIT Calicut meet and by all reports it was a success.

Additionally, there are a significant number of developers and
contributors to Fedora out of India who would be an excellent resource
pool to talk, demonstrate and share insights into Fedora as a project
and as a community.

Hop on to #fedora-india on any given Sunday at around 1830 hours India
time for regular meetings and exchange of notes.