[fedora-india] Anyone installed Fedora 10 on a MacBook?

Kishore Bhargava kishore at pobox.com
Thu Dec 11 07:12:13 UTC 2008

Debarshi Ray wrote:
>> Following most of the advise here:
>>
>> http://www.cenolan.com/2008/11/installing-fedora-10-macbook/
>>

>> I was attempting to install Fedora 10 on a MacBook Pro
>
> That URL says:
>
> "These instructions will work with the MacBook 3,1 (Late 2007) and
> newer but will NOT work with the new aluminium MacBooks since they
> have different hardware (especially the graphics card). These
> instructions are not suitable for the MacBook Pro either!!"
>
> Notice the last sentence? :-)

I saw that but was hoping Fedora 10 would still work. In fact, I don't
have the new model, I did have the option of getting that but I did not
like two of the significant changes, i) the glas protector in front of
the screen, just converts an expensive machine into an even more
expensive mirror and ii) the new touchpad, where earlier Macs had at
least one button on the touchpad, in the new model they have done away
with that as well, the whole touchpad is also a button and can be
clicked, but it was a weird sensation.

This fellow seems to have had similar issues to what I had, still the
only difference being 64-bit Vs 32-bit:

http://nareshv.blogspot.com/2008/10/fedora-10-beta-64-bit-on-macbook-pro-41.html

I guess I must try the 64-bit version out anyways, and then discover a
new set of issues like flash not working!

Cheers...Kishore