[fedora-india] Fedora Indian Language remixes

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 16 09:18:11 UTC 2008

Sri Ramadoss M wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 7:33 PM, Rahul Sundaram
> <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> I am planning to create Fedora 10 local langor uage live cd's with
>> Malayalam, Tamil and Bengali as defaults for a start. I have a set of
>> kickstart files derived from the Fedora desktop kickstart file that I
>> created for Fedora 8 which can be updated for this purpose.
>

> Please share .ks Files..

Just started working on them.  Will followup a bit later.

>> All I am planing to do is install fonts and switch the default locale but if
>> you would like to see more localized guides or anything like that, you would
>> have to volunteer to provide content and help with testing.
>>

> Can't we customise Anaconda to show only the relevant language or the
> Indian Languages alone instead of long list of all available
> languages?
>
> Need to think more on this change, but felt like asking..

Anaconda settings decide two different things: Locale and language. Both
of them are depending on the packages included. Simply removing the
locales/ fonts that you don't want should shrink the list shown in
Anaconda, in the case of live cd's.

Rahul