Fedora Mirror @ calicut

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 14:33:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 5:48 PM, Amit <amitshruti123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello to all !
>            I am new to the group i found here, starting with my introduction
> . i am a student of MCA course at National Institute of Technology, Calicut
> . got into Linux world after i joined this college all our labs works on
> linux most of them are fedora boxes.

Welcome to the team. :)

> very recently i got an idea to have a fedora mirror in our campus , I talked
> to my Head of Dept and he was in favour of that . i have read about basic
> requirements from the readhat site pages and we have enough facilities to
> fulfil those ... I need your support to proceed further. please give your
> comments regarding that ..

The first comment is "WoW".
Second is you can get more information regarding this from here[1].
Third is please let us know a few details,
Do you want to make it public? If yes, what is the available bandwidth
for this mirror?
Suggestions and supports will be extended as you proceed, don't worry.

Keep up the nice work.
Thanks.

[1]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring

--