FUDCon India 2008

Prakhar Agarwal prakhar at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 4 23:19:50 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 2:22 AM, Debarshi Ray <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Organizing events and install fests is just fine, but I am curious to
> know how many of you attending the DGPLUG workshop will actually turn
> into _regular__contributors_ to free software projects? Will you?

I'm already into development. I'm working with "One Laptop Per Child"
(OLPC).
You may like to refer: http://wiki.laptop.org/User:Prakhar
The DGPLUG workshop is an add-on for me this summer. I'm quite aware of many
things that are part of this training. But yes, there also are many things I
was unaware of. One step leads to another; when I came acrosss this
IRC-based workshop, I got two of my friends also to join in. I consider this
also as contribution. As you can see, for me, contribution is not restricted
only to coding.
Well, this has put me to think: Is promoting Open Source in any form or
through any kind of event not counted as contribution to the community?
Would love to read your thoughts.

Cheers!
--
Prakhar Agarwal