That 'FUDCon' thing

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 06:48:01 UTC 2008

> basically why i asked you all how i could contribute.. how do
> you begin learning development etc?? I started with C as advised on
> fedoraforum.org.. what else do i need to start with??

You can also read up a bit of Python, because alongwith C and C++ its
widely used in the free software world these days.

Once you are through with the languages, try to get a basic
understanding of how things are arranged in a Unix system, especially
GNU/Linux. eg., filesystem layout, the basic workings of gcc/make/gdb,
static and dynamic libraries, etc.. Personally I found the "Beginning
Linux Programming" from Wiley/Wrox a very nice book to do this.

Cheerio,
Debarshi