Reminder: Fedora RPM Packaging 101: 3 PM today

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 28 02:15:22 UTC 2008

Hello folks,

We are going to host a *public* IRC session in #fedora-india, freenode
today, July 28th 2008 at 3:00 PM and do a quick walk through on the
basics of RPM packaging in Fedora. More details at

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-india/2008-July/msg00136.html

Preliminary reading at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CreatingPackageHowTo

Everyone interested in welcome to join us. For those, who won't be able
to attend. Don't worry. We will post the IRC log and plan to host
similar sessions in the future too. Thanks.

Tidbit of the day: We have over 10,000 binary software packages and
nearly 6500 source packages in the Fedora repository.

# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
fedora          Fedora 9 - i386                     enabled :   9,897
updates         Fedora 9 - i386 - Updates           enabled :   3,032

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/collections/

Rahul