Maintaining the Fedora developer spin

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 26 22:18:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

Andrew Overholt from the Red Hat Java team initiated a effort to create
a Fedora developer spin (live DVD) for Fedora 8. Unfortunately he hasn't
had time to continue to maintain it.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/ReleaseSummary

In brief, a spin is a custom variant of Fedora targeted at more specific
audience and can be either regular installation or live images. Refer

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CustomSpins

In this case, what is minimum required for you to maintain a spin is
basic understanding of the kickstart syntax and livecd-creator, both of
which are pretty easy to learn. I can help walk you through the process
if you are interested. Do let me know if this interests you. Thanks.

Rahul