F9, FreeMedia and questions around it

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Fri May 23 04:32:59 UTC 2008

> The LiveMedia in the current form isn't really crippled in terms of making
> its use as an introduction to Fedora for new users. The idea is to blend in
> the availability of the Fedora bits along with access to full media + repo
> from Ambassadors / Point of Contacts allowing a much more active contact set
> rather than the disjoint interactions.
>
> We are already talking about Points of Contact receiving "Everything" repo.

Just send Fedora 9 installation DVD for i386 and x86_64 to the List of
Contacts. x86_64 is more important because the i386 version is easily
available thanks to Linux For You, FOSS.in, etc.. In fact can't we
redirect requests for i386 when we know that a recent edition of LFY
had just distributed it?

Cheers,
Debarshi
--
"From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life."
 -- Arthur Ashe