F9, FreeMedia and questions around it

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Fri May 23 04:04:22 UTC 2008

> So, does anyone need this to be done for F9 or do we make this as a MUST_DO
> for F10 ?

This is MUST_DO for F10.
Felow ambassadors/contacts, if anybody don't have the F9 media till
now, please response.

> Agreed. Somewhere before the end of the year and around F10 I think we will
> have the monies to look at branded LiveUSBs. Let's see.

Great!!!!

> I can get done a 3000 unit run of F9 LiveMedia to be made available to the
> List of Contacts.

Well, please don't be offended, but, why LiveMedia?

In India, LiveMedia is not at all a good option. India have a very low
to reasonable connectivity.

I mean downloading and installing nonfree codecs for xine may be an
option, but installing entire office suit over the net, well, _very_
few people have that _privilege_.

So a DVD will be much more reasonable option. To cut cost, we _may_
downgrade the size to 2500.

>The consumption of the LiveMedia needs to be tracked.

May be a request form for Ambassadors/contacts.
And they must upload all the details of consumption before claiming
next lot of media.

--
Regards,
Susmit.