[fedora-india] Help ! - Any Expert May volunteer - Indian BroadBand (DATAONE-BSNL) users would be benefitted

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 18:17:45 UTC 2008

> After a serious search I got the Drivers for (MT882 )from Calcutta
> Telephones Dataone site and I have Zipped them and do attach herewith.

That tarball contains a couple of RPMs and a tarball too, which do not
look like a driver to me. I think you are talking about the
CDCEther.[ch] files in there.

> If any of our expert community member takes the pain to create an RPM
> PACKAGE - then new bees of Fedora in India may get benefitted - since
> BSNL is the single largest ISP providing BroadBand facility in India.
>
> An effort in this regard would be a good community service to inspire
> new bees to Fedora World.

Did you find out why these drivers are not in the upstream Linux
kernel? That way they will be available to all the distributions and
not only Fedora.

Cheers,
Debarshi