[fedora-india] Sub: Please Extend Helping Hand to New Bee - Unable to install MT882 Modem for Dataone (BSNL) Braodband Connection

Kamalendu Chakrabarty kamalendug at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 10:09:29 UTC 2008

Dear Sir,
I am a new bee. Recently I have default install from Fedora 9 CD.

I have an ADSL Broad Band Modem HUAWEI MT882 Supplied by my ISP BSNL
(Dataone) along with Broad Band Connection. The

Modem is working well with WindowsXP (USB).

But the CD that came with the Modem, contains Driver Package meant for
Linux-RHL8. As a result I could not Install the Modem.

Then I made changes in the "makefile" for linux-2.6.25-14 and again
tried to install. But it ended as "gcc: command not found"

As a new bee I got confused but in the Fedora CD I found rpm for gcc
and I installed it.

Still that I installation fails with a lot of error messages.

If any of fedora-india list member had installed MT882 and configured
for Dataone Broadband may please guide me in

detail since I may not be able to understand Technica Terms.

Helping Member may help me if you Would you please send me Driver
Package (MT882) for Fedora 9 along with

Installation Guide in a ZIP File. I am a new bee. Please extend your
helping hand.

(In absence of Internet Connection I am unable to update as well as
download drivers/packages.)

Thanking you,

Sincerely yours,

Kamalendu Chakrabarty.