[fedora-india] Fedora Repos and Updates

Kishore Bhargava kishore at pobox.com
Tue Sep 2 09:42:59 UTC 2008

Hi! All,

A quick observation and suggestion. A couple of weeks ago the
repositories for RHEL and Fedora were reported to have been hacked.
There have been no updates for the last two weeks, as far as I can tell.
RHEL executives were quoted all over the web on news sites stating that
things were under control and that nothing has affected the RHEL code
repositories. However, there seems to be diplomatic silence being
maintained on the Fedora project.

My question is, what exactly happened? and what is the current state?

As Fedora ambassadors and representatives I think people on this list
should inform the rest of the community of the status and if they need
to do anything to start getting updates again.

Cheers...Kishore
--
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
		-- Mike Romanoff