[fedora-india] Re: [Ambassadors] Request for Sponsorship..

Mon Apr 6 12:00:33 UTC 2009

Hi Rohit,

If you are posting to multiple lists, please do use any tag like
[Cross Post] or something similar to indicate that.

Secondly, there wasn't a reason to explicitly cc: another address of mine.

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Rohit Gupta <rohit.kgec at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have a 'free media program' for the members of 'GNU/Linux User
> Group of KGEC'.

It would be wonderful if you could somehow de-link the free media
program from being exclusive to the members of the GLUG of KGEC and
make it a service available to anyone in the locality/Kalyani. I take
it that it would be difficult for normal ie. non-student users to be
members of KGEC and yet, they might require Fedora media. In fact, one
of the functions of a GLUG is making media available to whosoever
wants it, so I guess this is a point upon which you can put some
thought.

> Our group is not receiving any funds for its functioning from the
> college. So, we have applied one time membership fees and the head of
> this group from college. If the group fund have less funds, it means
> less overall activity like organizing workshops.

Not necessarily true. For example, a step towards workshops is having
something to work with and work upon. The former requires having a
Linux distribution, in this case being Fedora at hand and, the latter
requires an idea about a project to tackle and contribute to. I am
sure that you have factored those in. The initial members of the LUG
would indeed be setting the trend of the newer members who will
eventually join it.

> We also have a inauguration + FOSS Event day on 18th April 2009. It
> also has a FAD ie, Fedora Workshop.
> link: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/KGEC_LUG

That link should read Fedora Install Fest or something instead of
KGEC_LUG. And, I recall mentioning this earlier, this is a trend that
is going to stretch our logistics to the limits if we end up
announcing events at such short notice.

> So, we request fedora to sponsor our FAD and the 'Free media Program'
> of 'GNU/Linux User Group of KGEC'.
> Things we Request:
> 1)   100 Fedora 10 CDs and/or DVDs.
> 2)   Goodies like stikers and badges.
> 3)   Some Fedora fliers to be given to participants.

I'd request that you work with Susmit to check the costs incurred in
producing stickers and flyers locally. I'll check if we have around
100 DVDs of F10 to send across. I'd need an address mailed to me off
list.

However, at this point, I'd like to understand what you intend to
obtain out of the event ie. what is the objective ? And, more
importantly, how would you measure the success or failure of the
effort that you'd be putting in ?

Do please read up <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents> and,
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Reimbursements>