[fedora-india] Fedora 11 Networking

Tue Apr 14 04:11:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 6:54 AM, das <das at randomink.org> wrote:

And are
> you suggesting me to purchase one, and the suggestion coming on a
> Linux mailing list?

I just asked for a somewhat elaborate explanation of the statement
you'd made in the earlier mail. And, irrespective of whether it is
Linux, Windows or OS X, at the end of the day it should be about how
you set up the network interfaces to access the admin console of the
modem/router. Most of the Windows boxes on DSL (at least, most that I
have seen) end up using the dialer software provided for by BSNL and
hence do ppp bits. Setting up static IPs and, using the modem as the
gateway should end up giving you the functionality you see on Linux.
Caveat : I have tried that only once, so your mileage might vary. But
theoretically, that is what it is/should be.

Sent from Pune, MH, India