[fedora-india] connect internet from terminal: problem

das das at randomink.org
Sun Apr 26 15:36:04 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Mani A <a.mani.cms at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is not entirely correct

Let us quote the whole howto here:

<<
$ su -
password:
# /sbin/pppoe-setup

    follow the instructions on the screen and it should be setup.

to start the connection:
# /sbin/ifup ppp0

to stop the connection:
# /sbin/ifdown ppp0

Now, can you please point out, which part is not correct? It is the
simplest method, machine after machine I have followed this, and it
worked every time. I was quite surprised to know that it is not
correct.

> <Fedra-9/10>
> #su
> #/sbin/pppoe-setup
>
> After that network manager will take over the start/stop part

In fact, I think there is a problem here, in 'system-config-network'
one has to definitely tick whether NM will manage it or not. And
without doing anything there the above quoted section works
seamlessly.

--
দাশ das
http://ddts.randomink.org/