[fedora-india] connect internet from terminal: problem

Ashwin Mansinghka ashwin_man at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 26 15:46:26 UTC 2009

das wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Mani A <a.mani.cms at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> It is not entirely correct
>>

> Let us quote the whole howto here:
>
> <snipped ....>
> Now, can you please point out, which part is not correct? It is the
> simplest method, machine after machine I have followed this, and it
> worked every time. I was quite surprised to know that it is not
> correct.

It does not work in many cases, where the copper pair length is very log
or the
copper pair quality is bad (ADSL "sync" LED takes longer time to become
steady).
In such cases the LCP timeout interval has to be increased in the
ifcfg-ppp0 file.

with Regards,
ASHWIN

      Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter http://beta.cricket.yahoo.com