[fedora-india] connect internet from terminal: problem

das das at randomink.org
Sun Apr 26 16:07:07 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 9:16 PM, Ashwin Mansinghka <ashwin_man at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It does not work in many cases, where the copper pair length is very log
> or the
> copper pair quality is bad (ADSL "sync" LED takes longer time to become
> steady).
> In such cases the LCP timeout interval has to be increased in the
> ifcfg-ppp0 file.

Thanks for that information. In that case I was fortunate enough not
to face one of these special cases. But, the question is, does that
rule out the 'correct'-ness of the document in question? The
information you supplied is very important to know, when one is stuck
in a situation like that, but these are more of an 'addendum' nature,
than an 'erratum', I presume. :)

--
দাশ das
http://ddts.randomink.org/