[fedora-india] Re: Fedora 10, 11 Repositories

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 17:40:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

--- On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 10:59 PM, Ankur Sinha<sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:
| uhm, question: how would we burn 25 gb of a repo on to dvds and make it
| work?
|
| If you select a package, would it say :" Insert dvd 4 to install this
| one"??
\--

No.

1. With GB disk space available easily these days, it is reasonable
for people to dump 25 GB on their laptop/desktop hard-disk, and use an
offline .repo file. See this for a start:
http://wiki.dgplug.org/index.php?title=Fedora_offline_repo_setup

2. DVD media is only for distribution. We can put all .rpms from the
DVDs in the respective fedora/ updates/ folders for the .repo file to
use it.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan