[fedora-india] Home web server

Kamalendu Chakrabarty kamalendug at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 05:18:47 UTC 2009

Sir,

I am a new bee. I have successfully installed Fedora -9. I have also
configured apache, perl, php, mysql and those are working well. I have BIND
installed. Also I have BSNL Broad Band connection. I have registered a
domain for my learning/experiment purpose.

Now help is sought from any expert.

1. I want to set up a home web server with my domain say "xxxx.net" and with
my Primary DNS: ns1.xxxx.net and secondary DNS: ns2.xxxx.net from my own
computer. - How to do it for ISP with Static IP address as well as Dynamic
IP address.
2. I being a new bee it would helpful if your instructions are easy to
follow step by step.
3. I want to upgrade from Fedora - 9 (not fresh installation so as no to
disturb present settings as well as drivers and softwares) to Fedora - 11.
Whether I can upgrade directly from Fedora - 9 to 11 or I have to do it step
by step ie first to Fedora - 10 then to 11.

Your assistance and guidance may help future new bees also.

--
Kamalendu Chakrabarty
Qr No: C/05, PTS, NTPC Ltd,