[fedora-india] Mirroring Fedora

Kevin Verma kevinverma at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 28 13:06:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 4:31 PM, susmit
shannigrahi<thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Susmit i have managing mirror at NITC, shall i take up this call to help them in setup ?
>
> Sure. Go ahead and keep us updated about how it is going.
> Thanks for the help.

Just a wish:

I'll appreciate if someone can take up a project to make
new-mirror-setups more seamless for new takers of private/public
mirrors. Perhaps few interactive scripts, cron configurations, sync
scripts in a RPM, or if there is one existing already then I'll love
to know about it.

Hopefully that work will also help to convince ISPs in country to
setup mirrors (or at-least Intelligent Mirror) within their network
for their Internet services users. At the Fedora 12 test day I
realized that to increase userbase and QA contribution from within
India, its first of all important for us to increase the number of
mirrors.

Regards,
Kevin