[fedora-india] Fedora - India meet logs

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 04:42:33 UTC 2009

> * Quick overview of FOSS
> * Importance of Community and Communication
>       (a quick demonstration of IRC and such)
> * Creating FAS accounts, learning about Planet Fedora
> * RPM Packaging basics
>       (all participants make one package at least)
> * Obtaining and building from sources
>       (build tools and environments)
> * Using Bugzilla
>       (how to file a bug/request)
> * Debugging and Testing
>       (how to debug, test a patch)

* Contributing to fedora-websites.
* Contributing to fedora-design
* Collection of projects that can involve students. For example,
Mathieu (in 'cc) is looking for a helping hand with Shomyu for a long
time. It will involve TG2 and Openlayers/OSM. I am sure there are
others who are in need for the same. If we can collect such projects
and keep them on a wiki page, we _may_ get a few students involved in
coding.

--
Regards,
Susmit.