[fedora-india] Request for Two Packages

Saurabh Bathe saurabh at beginbyte.org
Sat Feb 14 01:56:03 UTC 2009

das wrote:
>> Sorry, I assumed that you've built rpms from source rpms before. There
>> really is nothing to it. Just execute:
>>
>> $ rpmbuild --rebuild <the source rpm>
>>
>> This should build the binary rpm. In fact if it fails for any reason, that's
>> a bug and you should report it (either in the BZ, or just mail me).
>>

> Really it worked easy and fine. This created three RPM-s,
> xpaint-2.7.8.1-4.fc10.i386.rpm,  xpaint-devel-2.7.8.1-4.fc10.i386.rpm,
> and xpaint-debuginfo-2.7.8.1-4.fc10.i386.rpm. I installed all three of

For all normal uses you, should be fine with only the first RPM.
The -devel rpms contain header files etc that are required to build some
other package that may depend on this package.
The -debuginfo RPM has binaries that contain more information for
debugger in case you need to analyses crashes etc with the software.

--Saurabh