[fedora-india] Virtualization and Fedora 10

Ashwin Mansinghka ashwin_man at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 16:17:26 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Ashwin Mansinghka wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anyone successfully used qemu+kvm for virtualization with Fedora
>> 10 ?
>>

> Sure. That's a very common setup.  I use it every day and so do a lot
> of people around me. What is the real question?
Tried it today on a server with VT support enabled using the
"virt-install" (as I prefer console based tools) tool on Fedora 10 (64
bit) host. Tried the instructions as available at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Virtualization_Quick_Start. Tried to
install a RHEL3 (32 bit) guest.

Did not work out, the attempt failed with the script existing with
errors as below :.

File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 892, in
createLinux     if ret is None:raise
libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed', conn=self) libvirtError:
socket closed unexpectedly

Any pointers to tried and tested Howto's / Guides would be helpful.

with Regards,
ASHWIN

      Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/